Wisdom For Extraordinary Living
Happy New Year Yo!
I wanted to touch base with you before we wrap up this passion popping, heart thumping, imagination exploring, hell of a year that we’re referring to as 2010. There’s a couple of things on my mind.
Happy New Year Yo!
As the ball’s dropping down, i hope you take that time to enjoy the joy. The simple stuff. The moment. The air. The friends. The family. The health. The passion. The drive. The enthusiasm. The equanimity. I invite you to reflect, yet be present.
The Philosopher Fun
Some of the responses to “A Free Give Away Philosopher Style: $53.85 Value” have been pure hilarity. Others have been tremendously touching. Feel free to continue to submit entries and next week we will announce the winners in the newsletter. Once decided, I will contact you directly.
Doing The Impossible
I’m super excited to announce that next week we’ll be publishing something that a lot of people have been asking for. It’s been one of the tools that i’ve used to take my effectiveness to the next level and even achieve “the impossible.” The post will be called “The Master-Mind’s Guide to Master-Mind Groups.” It gonna’ be a ridiculously good resource for implementing some winning strategies in 2011. I’m coming correct – i promise!
Food For Thought:
Yum! Next week’s post on master-mind groups will be largely based on my experience with my own mastermind group. Besides that, there was also one major source of insight toward compiling the content in next week’s posting. That is a little book of gems which goes by the title Think and Grow Rich. As i was diggin’ deep in the crates and working with the wisdom which the book holds, i came across something else that i felt called to share. It’s debatable but i think you might dig it and i’m interested to hear your take on it in the comments below.
The author Napoleon Hill says this: “Taking inventory of mental assets and liabilities, you will discover that your greatest weakness is lack of self-confidence. This handicap can be surmounted, and timidity translated into courage, through the aid of the principle of auto-suggestion (aka affirmation.) The application of this principle may be made through a simple arrangement of positive thought impulses stated in writing, memorized, and repeated, until they become a part of the working equipment of the subconscious faculty of your mind.” The author Napoleon Hill calls this the “Self-Confidence Formula.”
- I know that I have the ability to achieve the object of my Definite Purpose in life, therefore, I DEMAND of myself persistent, continuous action toward its attainment, and I here and now promise to render such action.
- I realize the dominating thoughts of my mind will eventually reproduce themselves in outward, physical action, and gradually transform themselves into physical reality, therefore, I will concentrate my thoughts for thirty minutes daily, upon the task of thinking of the person I intend to become, thereby creating in my mind a clear mental picture of that person.
- I know through the principle of auto-suggestion, any desire that I persistently hold in my mind will eventually seek expression through some practical means of attaining the object back of it, therefore, I will devote ten minutes daily to demanding of myself the development of SELF CONFIDENCE.
- I have clearly written down a description of my DEFINITE CHIEF AIM in life, and I will never stop trying, until I shall have developed sufficient self confidence for its attainment.
- I fully realize that no wealth or position can long endure, unless built upon truth and justice, therefore, I will engage in no transaction which does not benefit all whom it affects. I will succeed by attracting to myself the forces I wish to use, and the cooperation of other people. I will induce others to serve me, because of my willingness to serve others. I will eliminate hatred, envy, jealousy, selfishness, and cynicism, by developing love for all humanity, because I know that a negative attitude toward others can never bring me success. I will cause others to believe in me, because I will believe in them, and in myself.
- I will sign my name to this formula, commit it to memory, and repeat it aloud once a day, with full FAITH that it will gradually influence my THOUGHTS and ACTIONS so that I will become a self-reliant, and successful person.
Hope you keep your feet on the ground and head in the clouds moving into 2011. I’m stoked to see how we can creatively construct our ideal futures together in the new year. See you Monday!